01/03/2014

Selah Sue interview DDTVN(Polish TV)


''I don't believe in singing lessons''
interview DDTVN (Dzień Dobry TVN)
Date: Dec. 15th 2012
Place: Cracow



Interview translate:
I: Was it your biggest dream to be on stage?
S: No, not really you know.. I studied psychology and when I was 18, I thought that I would be a psychologist. I had to decide when my exams were the same time what festivals. Then I made decision and it was a good one. I remember.. it all began from performance with Moby on Taratata.
I: Yes this is amazing! how old were you when you performed with Moby? if you knees were shaking, trembling hands?
S: It was very beginning, I was only 19. I thought 'it really getting serious' but it was a great feeling.
I: You were performing also with Prince. What's he like off stage?
S: He is really sweet. This is incredible. It felt like he was my musical father or something. He answered all my questions. He was really calm, sweet, like he was some Budda. It was amazing.
I: I wanna ask you about your talent. Many people see in you only the voice, some will not ever think about what kind of person are you. Are you ok with that?
S: Oh I am happy about it. I have already my family and my friends. On the other hand If you listen to my music you know that I am very open, I speak about my own experiences, about depression. I'm trying to reach out to people to help them. In the end it's also just a job so If someone really wanna know me, something like 'go deeper and ask who is she?' should listen more to my music.
I: There is a song about your mother on your album, how she supports you and care about you.
S: My mother supports me as a person. She asks How I feel, if I eat healthily...it's my father who's saying'Come on conquer the world!'. (ye her father is a stalker)
I: Frank Sintatra said that You need a luck to be discover and hard work to stay on the top.
S: Noo..I really don't think like this. I don't believe only in hard work, for example I don't believe in singing lessons.
I: So you never had singing lessons? This is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment